You might adore Oreos, either dunked in milk, crumbled over ice cream, or crumbled into cake crust. Despite a immeasurable ways you’ve schooled to suffer a cream-filled sandwich cookie, have we ever stopped to consider about a abounding history? These fun contribution will concede we to see a cookies in a whole new light.
- The start of a name “Oreo” is unknown. Although, one Oreo exec says a name mimics a two O-shaped cookies that make a sandwich. Others claim a “re” comes from a “cream.”
- Oreos are a sum ripoff of Hydrox, a strange cream-filled chocolate cookie, that came out in 1908. Oreos weren’t expelled until 1912.
- Double-Stuf are indeed 1.86 times some-more stuffed than unchanging Oreos. Do we feel somewhat cheated?
- To date, Oreo has 41.8 million Facebooks followers. In comparison, The New York Times has 10.7 million.
- Oreo’s initial crazy season was Birthday Cake, expelled in 2012 for a centennial celebration. Since then, a association releases new flavors quarterly, though the favorites will always be cotton candy and marshmallow crispy.