OMG, this can happen??
South Carolina teen Davis Allen Cripe collapsed and died mysteriously final month, though now during final Richland County coroner Gary Watts has an answer.
And it’s a intolerable one.
Watts says a 16-year-old died from a heart arrhythmia caused by an overdose of caffeine!
In a news discussion on Monday, a alloy pronounced that in a dual hours before his death, Davis drank “a vast diet Mountain Dew, a cafeteria latte from McDonalds and also some form of appetite drink.”
“Based on his weight, a intake of caffeine that he had exceeded what is deliberate a protected level.”
This is quite frightful since according to Watts, a teen had no prior heart condition being exacerbated — it was only a caffeine behaving on a normal, healthy heart. Watts admitted:
“I comprehend this is a argumentative scenario. There are are apparently people that don’t consider this can occur — that we can have this arrhythmia caused by caffeine.”
There are apparently other documented cases of caffeine overdose, customarily heading to strange heart rates.
The FDA discipline contend caffeine doses adult to 400 mg are safe. That’s about 5 8 oz. cups of coffee.
As in many things, it’s all about mediation here.