The UK supervision is deliberation “all options”, including a regulator, as partial of new legislation ruling a internet.
It has formerly pronounced it will tell a White Paper in a entrance months, laying out a proposals.
According to Buzzfeed News, a White Paper will introduce a regulatory physique identical to Ofcom, that regulates broadcasters and telecoms companies.
The supervision told a BBC it would tell a White Paper this winter.
But a orator for a dialect for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) pronounced it had zero to share during this time.
A cross-party committee questioning misinformation and feign news has already suggested areas for new legislation forward of a White Paper.
In July, it recommended:
- reforming electoral law for a digital age – including transparent manners about domestic promotion online
- taxing amicable networks to compensate for digital education programmes in schools
- greater clarity around online advertising
However, Buzzfeed News pronounced a government’s proposals would go further. It pronounced it had seen sum of a White Paper, that included:
- forcing websites to mislay bootleg hatred debate within a specific time duration or face penalties. A identical law is in force in Germany
- making amicable networks determine a age of their users
- punishing amicable networks that unsuccessful to mislay apprehension calm or child abuse images
- restricting advertisements online for food and soothing splash products that were high in salt, fat or sugar
A orator for a DCMS pronounced a news was speculation.
In a matter to Buzzfeed, it said: “We are deliberation all options, including what legislation will be required and either a regulator is needed.”