US President Donald Trump has embarked on an 11-day outing to Asia during that he will revisit Japan, South Korea, China, Vietnam and a Philippines.
It will be a longest debate of Asia by a US boss in 25 years.
The outing comes during a time of heightened tensions with North Korea over a chief programme and barb tests.
Mr Trump is approaching to uncover a joined front with South Korea and Japan while dire China to take a stronger line with Pyongyang.
President Trump flew initial to a US state of Hawaii where he took partial in a lecture during a US Pacific Command. He will also revisit a USS Arizona Memorial during Pearl Harbor – a stage of a 1941 Japanese conflict that drew a US into World War Two.
- What does Asia wish from Donald Trump?
- Trump in Asia: A beginner’s guide
- Trump vows to tackle N Korea on Asia trip
- What has Trump pronounced about your country?
From Hawaii, he and First Lady Melania Trump will conduct to Japan and afterwards on to South Korea.
Mr Trump has formerly exchanged some burning tongue with North Korea over a ballistic barb tests though aides pronounced progressing this week that he would not go to a heavily fortified demilitarized section (DMZ) on a limit between a South and North.
He is, however, to revisit Camp Humphreys, a US troops formidable south of a capital, Seoul.
In Vietnam, Mr Trump will attend a Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation limit in Danang and make a state revisit to Hanoi.
His final rendezvous will be a limit of South-East Asian nations in a Philippine capital, Manila.
The final time a US boss done such a marathon outing to Asia was when George HW Bush visited a segment in late 1991 and early 1992.
While in Japan on that trip, Mr Bush fainted and vomited during a banquet.
President Trump’s itinerary
- Sunday, 5 November: Arrives in Japan. Golf with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and veteran actor Hideki Matsuyama during Kasumigaseki Country Club. Bilateral meetings with Mr Abe
- Tuesday, 7 November: In South Korea for talks with President Moon Jae-in. Mr Trump will also residence a National Assembly
- Wednesday, 8 November: Arrives in China for a array of events including meetings with President Xi Jinping
- Friday, 10 November: Travels to Danang, Vietnam, and will attend in a Asia-Pacific Economic Co-operation (Apec) summit
- Saturday, 11 November: Travels to Hanoi, Vietnam, for talks with President Tran Dai Quang and other Vietnamese leaders
- Sunday, 12 November: Arrives in Manila, Philippines, to take partial in a celebration cooking for a 50th anniversary of a Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean)
- Monday, 13 November: Will attend a Asean limit in Manila and reason talks with President Rodrigo Duterte