Prosecutors in Japan have indicted former Nissan authority Carlos Ghosn with dual uninformed charges involving financial crimes.
Mr Ghosn, who has been incarcerated given November, was charged with aggravated crack of trust and understating his income.
He had already been indicted on a apart assign of underreporting his compensate over 5 years.
Mr Ghosn, whose apprehension has drawn some criticism, denies all wrongdoing.
His lawyers pronounced they would ask for bail, though experts contend this ask is really doubtful to be granted.
The new charges will expected keep a 64-year-old in jail until his initial trial, according to his lawyers.
What has he been charged with?
Mr Ghosn was first charged final year with underreporting his compensate package for a 5 years to 2015.
On Friday, a uninformed assign claimed he understated his remuneration for another 3 years.
He was also indicted on a new, some-more critical assign of crack of trust.
Mr Ghosn, a designer of a Renault-Nissan alliance, is indicted of relocating personal investment waste value 1.85bn yen (£13.4m; $17m) racked adult on unfamiliar sell sell to Nissan.
Mr Ghosn is also indicted of creation $14.7m in payments to Saudi businessman Khaled al-Juffali, regulating Nissan supports in sell for arranging a minute of credit to assistance with his investment losses.
He was initial incarcerated on 19 Nov and rearrested twice in December.
If found guilty of a financial bungle charges, Mr Ghosn faces adult to 10 years in jail as good as a excellent of adult to 700m yen, according to Japanese regulators.
Renault examination finds ‘no fraud’
Following his arrest, Nissan and Mitsubishi private Mr Ghosn as chairman. Renault has kept him on as chair, observant it has not nonetheless found any justification of wrongdoing.
On Thursday, a house of a French organisation pronounced an examination into executive compensate had so distant shown no signs of fraud.
“The examination routine has examined a remuneration of a stream Groupe Renault Executive Committee members for a financial years 2017 and 2018 and has resolved that it is both in correspondence with germane laws and giveaway from any fraud,” it pronounced in a statement.
It pronounced a examination routine “will continue with honour to prior financial years”.
Who is Carlos Ghosn?
- His favourite standing was such that his life was serialised in one of Japan’s famous animation comic books
- The Brazilian-born trainer of Lebanese skirmish and a French citizen says his credentials left him with a feeling of being different, that helped him adjust to new cultures
- In France he was famous as Le Cost Killer, a criticism on a low cuts he done to revitalise Renault
- He was once sloping as a intensity boss of Lebanon, a pierce he eventually discharged since he already had “too many jobs”
- In a 2011 check of people a Japanese would like to run their country, Mr Ghosn came seventh, in front of Barack Obama (ninth)