Embalming liquid blunder kills studious in Russian hospital

Fluid injection by a medic, record picImage copyright
Science Photo Library

Image caption

Doctors speckled a blunder though could not save a patient’s life

Russian authorities are prosecuting doctors who incidentally gave a lady a deadly sip of formaldehyde instead of salty after an operation.

A comparison alloy during a Ulyanovsk hospital, Vladimir Demin, has been sacked, Russian media say. Formaldehyde is used for embalming corpses.

The region’s health apportion pronounced a group had attempted to redress a blunder by giving a studious 10 litres of saline.

The 28-year-old died in complete caring after being changed to a Moscow hospital.

Ulyanovsk is a city on a River Volga, 876km (544 miles) easterly of Moscow.

Russia’s Vesti news reports that a deadly blunder took place on 15 March, when Yekaterina Fedyaeva perceived a sip of formaldehyde instead of salty in a abdomen.

She died on 5 April, notwithstanding carrying come out of a coma.

The mistake happened when she was recuperating from medicine to mislay an ovarian cyst.

Ulyanovsk Health Minister Rashid Abdullov, quoted by Russia’s Federal Press, pronounced “urgent stairs should have been taken, a information should have been reported immediately… time was wasted”.

Tags:
author

Author: